- RSS Channel Showcase 4641265
- RSS Channel Showcase 5256617
- RSS Channel Showcase 5857282
- RSS Channel Showcase 4874155
Articles on this Page
- 02/11/17--10:59: _Look the part
- 03/28/17--06:08: _Workout clothes
- 05/09/17--04:56: _Updating the rules ...
- 06/08/17--04:19: _Hose etiquette
- 08/04/17--05:47: _Sleeveless shirts- ...
- 08/17/17--18:47: _When is Casual Too ...
- 08/24/17--06:32: _Shoe color is open ...
- 09/26/17--05:32: _Long earrings – cur...
- 11/09/17--05:50: _How often does an i...
- 11/28/17--05:08: _Shop in your closet
- 01/09/18--04:17: _How much color is t...
- 02/05/18--04:21: _Clothing fit
- 03/22/18--06:09: _Fit is everything
- 03/27/18--06:12: _A touch of color
- 05/01/18--02:20: _Do’s and don’ts on ...
- 06/12/18--05:14: _The Thomas Wolfe brand
- 07/03/18--05:24: _The black dress has...
- 07/05/18--05:47: _Hot or not so hot t...
- 07/10/18--05:50: _Print explosions
- 07/17/18--04:38: _What is your uniform?
- 02/11/17--10:59: Look the part
- 03/28/17--06:08: Workout clothes
- 05/09/17--04:56: Updating the rules of dress for men and women
- 06/08/17--04:19: Hose etiquette
- 08/04/17--05:47: Sleeveless shirts- business casual
- 08/17/17--18:47: When is Casual Too Casual?
- 08/24/17--06:32: Shoe color is open ended
- 09/26/17--05:32: Long earrings – current trends
- 11/09/17--05:50: How often does an image need updating?
- 11/28/17--05:08: Shop in your closet
- 01/09/18--04:17: How much color is too much?
- 02/05/18--04:21: Clothing fit
- 03/22/18--06:09: Fit is everything
- 03/27/18--06:12: A touch of color
- 05/01/18--02:20: Do’s and don’ts on wearing hose with open toe shoes for women
- 06/12/18--05:14: The Thomas Wolfe brand
- 07/03/18--05:24: The black dress has many lives
- 07/05/18--05:47: Hot or not so hot trends – the ruffle sleeve
- 07/10/18--05:50: Print explosions
- 07/17/18--04:38: What is your uniform?
Looking the part is the first step and a very important one. It is a combination of what and how something is worn. When an outfit does not fit properly or the color does not flatter you then the choice of the clothing is not appropriate for the occasion. Look at the leaders in the […]
Many companies have gyms in their buildings for employees to conveniently work out during lunch or before / after work. While this is your private time, it does not mean that you should wear clothes that look like you are ready to clean your garage. You never know who you will bump into! In fact, […]
In is white which can be worn all year round based on fabric; linen for summer and wool for winter Out is matching colors for shoes and belts unless it is for formal wear for men In is wearing belt loops beltless on pants and skirts In is bright pattern hose and socks for men […]
I was surprised to see a Diane von Furstenberg model wearing dark hose with a light color sandal promoting a skirt dress. Wearing hose with open toe sandals is becoming more mainstream. These are a few guidelines to ensure you will look smart and not frumpy: • Wear dark sheer hose with a dark sandal […]
Business casual has become mainstream for women in the office. Most senior executives do not go sleeveless without a jacket. If the work population has more men than women, associated must wear sleeveless shirts with a jacket or sweater. This is understandable because sleeveless shirts have a wide range of styles and can be too […]
Not long ago, a major US airline stopped two young girls from boarding their plane because their attire did not conform to airline policy. The problem was their leggings. There was some back and forth on social media, but libertarian impulses tended to dominate and the airline took the brunt of the social verdict. But […]
Matching your shoe color means that the shoe color and style should coordinate with the outfit being worn. Today, though, everything is all up in the air! Current times suggest that red color shoes can be worn with the opposite wheel color. Yellow sport shoes can be worn with a suit. Women can wear a […]
Long earrings can be fun to wear in business setting and social settings. These are some key points to remember in choosing the right length to wear: • The longer earring worn shows best contrasted with the neckline of the top. • A necklace should not hit the shoulder blade otherwise the earring will not […]
It is important to keep updated and fresh. Anna’s rule is at least once every two to three years to take a look at your hair style, eye wear and clothing choices. When was the last time you refreshed your hairstyle? As women age, makeup can either go lighter or need more color. Men’s hairstyles […]
How many times do we forget what is in our closets? Recently, I commented to a friend that I liked her jacket. She said she found it in her closet. The best way to remember what is in our closets is to reorganize and / or clean it out at least once a year. Remove […]
Use the rule of thumb about one wearing one dominant color with two companion choices. The new trend for impact is red with camel instead of black. The red shines and it has a more contemporary feel to it. Red with a complementary gray is another good choice. I have seen red with pink or […]
People watching is fun. Trend setters determine what styles are being worn and how the clothing is put together. In a location with high income earners versus lower income areas, clothing choices are different. Lately, however, the ill fit of too tight, too short hem lengths in pants, sleeves, and skirts and clothing either too […]
A tailor is a best friend in ensuring the right fit in hem lengths, around the waist and the for the width of a jacket sleeve. The right fit takes pounds off a person and the wrong fit does the opposite. The wrong fit also projects the clothing in a frumpy, dated way, no matter […]
A touch of color does wonders to update a wardrobe including sweaters, ties or jacket colors. Black, navy and any dark hue has become the norm for a wardrobe uniform. Adding a contrasting splash of color creates a more contemporary look. For men, the color can be flashed in a tie, pocket square and even […]
It used to be a fashion faux pas to wear hose with open toes sandals and shoes. Now, the public, especially men, have worn hose with sandals for the last five years, especially in Europe. Last year, designers began showing models with sandals wearing open toe sandals with sheer nude hose. Don’t wear hose with […]
A recent New York Time’s article covered the late Tom Wolfe, his choice of suits, and his white suit. The white suit, while not in fashion, set him apart from the crowd. This clothing reflected his internal and external style including his writings and larger than life personality. The clothing choices also distinguished Mr. Wolfe […]
An essential piece for the complete wardrobe is a versatile black dress. Recently, a client called in a panic. She needed a black dress for a very serious occasion and has worked herself into a state of panic. We bought a black dress with a jacket about 15 years ago, but she never wore it. […]
Ruffles on blouses for women have been trending these last few years. This began with a simple ruffle at the hem of the sleeve around the wrist, eventually building to a three quarter sleeve. The most current rendition is layers of ruffles that end at the elbow of the sleeve. Unless the person wearing the […]
Recently, a well-known designer sold out a dress with a flower pattern on half of the dress and stripes on the other side. It was a shirt dress style designed to be worn in a business casual or party event setting. This major pattern style change shattered the mold of a small pattern with a […]
A recent MSNBC business program featured icons and their uniforms including Steve Jobs with his black turtleneck and Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg with a gray tee shirt. I recall that when DreamWorks was formed, Steven Spielberg wore a bomber jacket, David Geffen sported a mock tee, and David Katzenberg of Disney favored the shirt and […]